Kratom can be taken in the form of powder or capsules form. The powder form is most preferred because it is relatively cheap. However, it is very bitter and difficult to manage. Therefore, taking the kratom powder in the way of kratom tea is most effective and famous in Asian countries. It even gives a better result than when you use the toss and wash method in taking kratom powder.
What comes to your mind when you hear about kratom tea? Well, some would be asking themselves how to make it, what they need, and which strain gives the best result in making kratom tea. Generally, when choosing a strain to use in making kratom tea, you should consider the type of effects you want to attain from the kratom tea. Use the strain which can give you the desired results. However, most people prefer red Bali as it provides soothing relaxation effects which can help you to have a strong kick off for your day.
What you need in preparing kratom tea
- 1-2 grams of preferred kratom strain powder
- 3 cups of filtered water
- ½ lemon
How to make the kratom tea
- Step one: Pour the three cups of filtered water into a cooking pot and allow it to heat.
- Step two: Squeeze the lemon into the water. (This gives you a citrus taste against the unpleasant feeling of kratom)
- Step three: Continue heating the mixture until it simmers. Once you have heated it to simmer, add the measured kratom powder is preferred. It can be one or two grams depending on your kratom dosage. (You can always add the amount of kratom to you depending on the effects you want to experience.
- Step four: Allow the mixture of the three ingredients to simmer as you occasionally stir to come up with a uniform boiling. The heating can go up to 15 minutes. The heat should not be too much that you end up losing your water content.
- Step five: You can now turn off the heat and allow it to brew for about two minutes. Go ahead and sieve it to a different clean pot. Give it time to cool at room temperature, serve, and enjoy.
Points to note
- Kratom is bitter naturally. Regardless of how you prepare it, you will always feel the bitter taste. You can add your flavor so that you can take it with ease. For instance, you can add sugar or honey to experience a sweet taste. Alternatively, you can choose to take dilute it with more water, preferably cold water. Do not worry even if you add more water since the water will, in return help you to prevent unnecessary dehydration.
- Avoid taking kratom tea on an empty stomach. It can lead to side effects like nausea and stomach complications. Always eat before you take the tea.